Saturday, June 25, 2011

One Night I Went Outside and I...

..just to look she thought, she just had to get a drink of that warm summer night-air.  


Ivy opened the back door stealthily and oh, the full moon! And the light! as it swept the yard.  Ghostly bright, a little shy.  VERY handsome.  She fell almost painfully in love.  And the Moonlight suddenly likewise, saw the girl and fell in love with her watery beauty, water being one of the Moonlight's favorite substances, as he adored playing across it's gorgeous various surfaces.


They spent the evening basking in each other's beauty; it was a heady experience for them both.  It in fact disturbed them so much it sharply altered their behavior.   Ivy remained inside at night, away from all windows for a week.  The Moonlight ran patchily over dark lawns, as the moon hid behind a thin scrim of slow moving clouds.


Uncle was glad of the new found reclusive bent in Ivy.  She had been his ward as a child and, after becoming emancipated, decided to continue living in his house as his maid.   Ivy had always been an explorer, disappearing for hours and annoying Uncle to no end!


Ivy cooked, cleaned and fluffed his pillows.  She also washed and detailed his car, had his golf clubs cleaned and had his suits tailored. When addressing Ivy,  Uncle had gotten into the habit of just calling her "I".  This had the effect of putting her constantly alert for her name in a sort of dull, rat in a maze sort of way.  Was she "I"? Was he "I"?  And she heard him say "I" all the time; he was quite a pontificator.


Ivy often wondered if there might be a more fulfilling life out there for her.  A different kind of partner.  Maybe even her own "I".


Uncle however, was more than comfortable with the arrangement and saw no reason to change it.  She was paid well! Well paid! (He was also confirmed bachelor, and liked it that way.)


And now here was this Moonlight, shining so confidently and so so lovely.  But to fall in love? With a patch of light? Haha! Stupid! Ridiculous....


And how did they even communicate? She honestly couldn't remember, although... did she reveal something, something secret?  Did he?  And later, feeling a shiver as she traced him with her eyes, back up to the moon. 


After their initial shyness together, they began to lust after their next encounter.  Ivy began to go outside again and the Moonlight was never brighter and more seductive.  There was a stretch in June where they spent 10 nights in a row together!  Uncle was not pleased.


"For one thing I," he began, "the silver ware is not being properly cleaned.  And the grout in my shower is turning pink.  And my suits have not been picked up from the cleaners..."


"I'm just so tired Uncle," she replied whilst yawning a face splitting yawn.  She had been up to almost-day-light. Again.


"I have to say I, it is kind of weird, you're spending an awful lot of time out in the back yard at night.  Why is that? Please don't do it anymore, I."
"I'm studying astronomy Uncle, I have to be out there!"
"I don't know.  I don't think it's safe.  Study during the day."
"But Uncle!"
"Don't make me lock you in, treasure."  He chucked her under her chin.  "Make that steak for me tonight will you, RARE."


And that was the night she first began putting  drops in his evening meat and drink.  Uncle slept soundly all night long.


END OF PART 1**********************







No comments:

Post a Comment